Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Introducing Himalayans

I love the look of Himalayans. They are ivory with black ears, feet and snouts, and red eyes. Well, to be more accurate, there is the "black" variety, with black noses / feet / ears, or the "chocolate" variety, with brown et al.

I just got me some Chocolate Himalayans from a Victorian breeder and exhibitor I met at the Canberra Show, Mindy Roach.

She took home a swag of ribbons and trophies and bottles of wine for her exhibits in the show, so I think I'm laughing in terms of purchasing some high-quality purebred pedigreed guinea pigs for my farm.



*Incidentally, the curved posture here is what they were looking for at the Show. You need to train your pig to sit with pronounced shoulders and a dip in its back and a round rump. Hhmmm.

They cost $50 and I am hoping it will be money well spent. They are both quite skittish - Schumann in particular is giving me heart attacks each time I peek into the cage because he darts around so consumed by fear and flight that I fear he'll break his neck if he collides with something mid-flight.

It will take a lot of nursing and cuddling to tame this pair. But I do love the look of them, so that won't be such a big ask!

Here they are:

Zag

Schumann


Mindy said they would be ready to begin breeding together straight away, so here's hoping for a lot of romantic days ahead for this pair ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP